Are Hunt Coupling packs the best you can buy? Head To Head Coupling Test!

Today Jenny is taking a look at the new magnet coupling mechanisms from Hunt Coupling. She also puts them head-to-head against several of the other major close coupling mechanisms on the market, to see which ones work the best on tight curves.

Our sponsor today is Train-O-Matic, who produce the best DCC chips I’ve used. Visit their site at http://www.train-o-matic.com to see their full range of products! Also available through UK stockist: http://www.tramfabriek.nl/decoders.html

If you like these coupling mechanisms and fancy some for yourself, you can pick some up at http://bit.ly/3bKNhLT

Zoe Kirk-Robinson

Writer, artist, vlogger and entrepreneur. Creator of Britain's first web comic.

5 thoughts on “Are Hunt Coupling packs the best you can buy? Head To Head Coupling Test!

• 26 March 2020 at 08:35

Good Morning Jennifer & production Team

I just watched your Hunts Coupling comparison test video it was well explained and tests where carried out fairly with good clear videos I will certainly start looking at more of your videos and will sign up to your blog.
    Keep up the great informative videos thank you.

Best regards

Gromitdog

• 27 May 2020 at 12:32

Hi
    Just looked at the review of the Hunt coupling, you may well have solved a 50+ year dilemma for this moeller, thank you.
    Michael Hand.

• 12 July 2020 at 17:14

Thanks, I was thinking of buying these but was unsure as to whether they any good. I get fed up with tension lock couplers uncoupling themselves. These look really good.

• 16 September 2020 at 20:51

I bought a set of ordinary and close coupled units, the big issue I did have was the tails pulling out of the NEM pockets. In the end I put them in hot water and bent them out. I did point this out to the Supplier, I got an apology, but the next set were just as bad. Once I had bent the tails out they were perfect.

• 6 December 2020 at 21:27

A most interesting review of couplings I have seen. What would be an interesting project for a video is the making/adaptation of a barrier vehicle with couplings at one end at the standard uk height with the other end at a height to suit London Underground tubestock.

I’m thinking particularly of the EFE Tubestock produced some years ago which has a removable dummy coupler at the outer ends of the driving cars. This needs some sort of adaptation to enable a suitable coupling to be inserted (maybe Kadee or Hunt?) so these unmotorised models could connect to a barrier vehicle which in turn uses a Class 20 loco for haulage between depots.

A new EFE RAIL motorised version of tubestock is due to be released in January 2021, so a barrier vehicle for the older unmotorised models would seem a timely opportunity for Jenny to come up with something suitable for featuring in her video compilations.